The history of this castle extends back to the 12th century. Founded by the Lords of Stubenberg, it became the property of the Minnesinger Hugo von Montfort in 1399. In 1616 the castle was acquired by Vorau Abbey and given its present appearance.
Church of St. Catherine and chapels with frescoes by J.C. Hackhofer, who painted much of the abbey: newly renovated Ottokar Kernstock Museum.
Phone and fax: + 43 (0) 3331/22 55
A-8250 Vorau 1
Phone: + 43 (0) 3337/23 51
Fax: + 43 (0) 3337/23 51 29